Legal Nursing Jobs
Legal Nursing Job Description
The health care industry is among the most litigious and complicated professional fields. Legal nurses act as consultants, collaborators and strategists to assist law firms, insurance companies, facilities, businesses and patients in dealing with medically-related litigation and general legal matters related to health care. They assess the standard of care provided, explore causation and help determine appropriate damages.
Legal nursing required skills
Legal nurses are called upon for their intimate knowledge of how to treat diseases, injuries and afflictions. They have nursing education backgrounds and hands-on clinical experience. Other essential skills include:
- Ability to read and interpret medical records and literature
- Thorough understanding of anatomy and physiology
- Strong communication and people skills
- Data analysis
Legal nurse duties and responsibilities
Legal nurses act as subject matter experts and support members of the legal team by:
- Participating in interviews
- Preparing, reviewing and assessing medical records
- Researching accepted standards of care in instances of medical malpractice
- Serving as an expert witness at trial
- Project future medial needs and expenses
Legal Nursing Job Postings
Location: Kansas City , MissouriDate Posted: 01/162018-01-16Position: Legal NursePractice Area: Legal NursingEmployment Type: ContractSpecial Counsel is seeking an experienced nurse paralegal for a long-term temporary position with a premier law firm in Kansas City. Don't delay in applying for this exciting opportunity!
- Candidates must either have a Bachelor's...
Location: Troy, MichiganDate Posted: 01/122018-01-12Position: Legal NursePractice Area: Legal NursingEmployment Type: ContractLegal Nurse Job in Southeast Michigan
Company: Special Counsel Employee Type:
Location: South East Michigan Required Experience: 3+ years of experience
Telephone: (248) 542-9131
Are you an...View Details.
EEO - EEO Poster Suppl - Affimative Action Policy