Our Legal Recruiters
The Success of Our Search Directors is Centered Around Their Relationships
Many of our Search Directors are licensed attorneys and most have held positions in the legal industry. Their hands-on experience leads to a deeper understanding of the unique needs of their clients and candidates. When you’re ready to make a job change—or just want solid career advice—you can count on their expertise.
Meet Our Recruiters
Click on the images below to view the profiles of some of our top Search Directors.
1660 Lincoln Street, Suite 2505
Denver, Colorado 80264
15 South 5th Street, Suite 800
The 15 Building
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402
5900 North Andrews Avenue, Suite 420
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33309
7 Saint Paul Street, Suite 940
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
1300 East 9th Street, Suite 601
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
521 5th Avenue, 4th Floor
New York, New York 10175
Zain Atassi, Esq.
Attorney Search Director Chicago, Illinois
Zain Atassi is an Attorney Search Director for the Chicago office of Special Counsel. Zain currently focuses on placing top-level attorneys into full-time positions with law firms and corporations in the Chicago and surrounding markets. Prior to joining Special Counsel, Zain worked as a commercial litigator with boutique Chicago law firms, where she focused her practice on contract, healthcare, product liability, and business litigation matters.
Zain obtained her J.D. from Washington University School of Law and her Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology (with honors) from Washington University in St. Louis. During her time at Washington University School of Law, Zain was a member of the Moot Court team and served as a summer judicial extern for the Supreme Court of New York.
- Illinois State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Nichole Badger, Esq.
Attorney Search Director Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Nichole Badger is the Attorney Search Director in the Philadelphia office of Special Counsel. In this role, Nichole recruits and places top-level attorneys at law firms and corporate legal departments throughout the Delaware Valley.
Prior to joining Special Counsel, Nichole practiced corporate law with one of New Jersey’s largest law firms for five years and then went on to found a boutique entertainment law practice. With an in-depth understanding of law firm management and the needs of corporate in-house legal departments, Nichole excels in positioning both attorneys and expanding legal groups for long-term success.
Nichole graduated with a dual degree, J.D./MBA, from Rutgers School of Law and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Colby College.
- New Jersey State Bar
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- National Coalition of 100 Black Women - Pennsylvania Chapter, Board Member
- Barristers Association of Philadelphia
Marya Brancio, Esq.
Executive DirectorDenver, Colorado
Marya Brancio is the Executive Director in the Denver office of Special Counsel, placing paralegals and attorneys in the area’s law firms and corporations. Her nine-year legal career in Denver included positions as an associate at a securities firm, as an in-house counsel with a brokerage firm, and as Vice President and General Counsel for a public finance company. Marya has been a member of the Denver Special Counsel office since its inception in 1999.
Marya received her J.D. degree from the University of Denver College of Law and graduated cum laude with a Bachelor degree in Economics and Political Science from Moorhead State University in Minnesota. Marya continues to remain active in the Denver legal community as an alumna of the College of Law.
- Colorado State Bar
Legal Search DirectorMinneapolis, Minnesota
DeAnne Brooks is a Legal Search Director for the Minneapolis office of Special Counsel. In her role, DeAnne specializes in the direct hire placement of legal secretaries, paralegals and other support staff including accounting, litigation support and IT positions. DeAnne has a unique combination of practical, academic, and legal experience that makes her an excellent resource for clients and candidates of Special Counsel.
DeAnne has worked in the legal profession for over 20 years. She began her career as a legal secretary in the insurance industry. DeAnne obtained her Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Metropolitan State University in 2004. After completing her paralegal degree, DeAnne specialized in workers’ compensation litigation and insurance defense litigation. DeAnne also spent a year as the director of client relations before joining Special Counsel.
Nondas Davis, Esq.
Regional Search DirectorFlorida
Nondas Davis is a Regional Search Director for Special Counsel. In her role, Nondas directly supports Special Counsel’s Vice President of Search in the training, mentoring and developing of Attorney Search Directors across various markets, including Atlanta, Washington, D.C. and New York City. Nondas partners with the Executive Directors of Special Counsel’s branches to ensure their Attorney Search Directors are as successful as possible.
Nondas is a native Floridian and a graduate of Florida State University and Florida State College of Law. After graduation, she served as an Assistant State Attorney in Jacksonville, Florida. Nondas was an Attorney Search Director with Special Counsel for thirteen years. Nondas worked in the Charlotte market for a number of years, placing attorneys and paralegals into positions with law firms and corporations across North and South Carolina. In 2006, Nondas returned to South Florida and handled direct hire attorney placement for law firms and corporate legal departments all over the state of Florida.
Having lived in Jacksonville, South Florida, and Tampa, Nondas is familiar with the nuances of the various Florida markets. Nondas is also well versed in the staffing of attorney document review projects and contract attorneys throughout Central and North Florida. Nondas is a frequent speaker and author on topics such as corporate counsel compensation, resume and interview tips, and social media.
- Tips for Drafting a Winning In-House Lawyer Resume (ACC North Florida Chapter 3rd Quarter 2012 Newsletter)
- Managing Your Career As In-House Counsel CLE Event (ACC North Florida Chapter 3rd Quarter 2011 Newsletter)
- "LinkedIn – A Multifaceted Tool," Raleigh Durham Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators (November 2012)
- "What’s New – Compensation for In-House Counsel," Association of Corporate Counsel South Florida Chapter (November 2012)
- "What’s New – Compensation for In-House Counsel," Association of Corporate Counsel North Florida Chapter (September 2012)
- "What’s New – Compensation for In-House Counsel," Association of Corporate Counsel North Florida Chapter (September 2011)
- Florida State Bar
Amanda C. Ellis, Esq.
Vice President of SearchDallas, Texas
Amanda Ellis is the Vice President of Search for Special Counsel. Amanda plans, designs and implements all direct hire training, development, integration and mentoring programs for all of Special Counsel. Prior to her current role, Amanda worked as an Attorney Search Director for Special Counsel. Additionally, Amanda also established her own search firm where she placed direct hire attorneys in law firms and corporate legal departments.
Prior to entering the legal recruiting field, Amanda practiced in the area of commercial bankruptcy law in Massachusetts and Texas. Amanda received her Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, summa cum laude, from Centenary College of Louisiana. Amanda obtained her J.D. degree from The University of Texas School of Law.
- Massachusetts Bar
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Women Lawyers – Immediate Pas President
- Dallas Chi Omega Alumnae Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association
- Book: The 6Ps of the BIG 3 for Job-Seeking JDs (Something Different Publishing, 2010)
- Blog: The 6Ps of the BIG 3 – Using Social Networking to Get Hired
- E-Newsletter: Something Different
- Article: "Three Mobile Apps to Enrich Your LinkedIn Experience in 2012," (ACC North Florida Chapter 1st Quarter 2012 Newsletter)
- Article: "The Big Three: Using Social Networking Sites to Connect with Employers and Clients" (Texas Bar Journal – November 2010)
- Article: Co-author: "Keeping Your Nose Clean: Ethical & Legal Issues Confronting Lawyers Advising Clients on Asset Protection Issues" (Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, March 2002); "Minimize the Pain – Defending Against Preferential Transfers" (Spring 2002)
- Article: "9 Observations Regarding the Legal Job Market & 5 Strategies for New Attorneys Entering the 2009 Market—A 3 Part Series," Law School Expert Blog (January 2009)
- "Opportunities & Techniques in the Use of Social Media for Legal Recruiting," National Association of Legal Search Consultants Fall Symposium (October 2012)
- "Recruiting Using Social Media," National Association of Legal Search Consultants Annual Conference (May 2012)
- "We Want You (In Our Network)," National Association of Law Placement Annual Conference (April 2012)
- "Social Media for Career Advancement," Austin Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel (October 2011)
- "Social Media in Recruiting," National Association of Legal Search Consultants Fall Symposium (October 2011)
- "Boot Camp for New Lawyers," New York City Bar Association (September 2011)
- "Social Media Makeover," State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting (June 2011)
- "Pros and Cons of Social Media," Texas Minority Attorney Program (May 2011)
- "Creating Your Brand: Image Management for Career Success in the New Millennium," NALP Annual Conference (April 2011)
- "A Lattice, Not a Ladder," Texas Women Lawyers (March 2011)
- "Blocking and Tackling: Interviews, Resumes and Social Media," State Bar of Texas Webcast (September 2010)
- "Social Media Legal Issues," TalentNet Live Social Recruiting Conference (August 2010)
- "Tackling Twitter for Business Development," 85 Broads Jam Session (July 2010)
- "Social Media: Catching the Wave," Employment Law Conference (July 2010)
- "Online Social Networking for Lawyers," New York City Bar Association (May 2010)
- "Social Networking for Business Development," Frisco Bar Association (April 2010)
- "Social Networking for Law Firm Recruiting," Recruiting Administrators of Dallas (March 2010)
- "Tips to Find a Job," Dallas Bar Association's Transition to Law Practice Program (February 2010)
- "The Art of Client Identification and Retention," Texas Women Lawyers (February 2010)
- "Social Networking is Here to Stay," Association of Consumer Credit Counseling Agencies Mid-Winter Conference (January 2010)
- "Surviving these Frightful Times: Career Development in the New Economy," Michigan Network of IWIRC (October 2009)
- "Social Networking for Law Firm Recruiting," San Diego Legal Recruitment Association (July 2009)
- "Survive and Thrive," Baylor Law School (June 2009)
- "Survive and Thrive," University of Texas School of Law (September 2009)
- "Survive and Thrive," SMU Dedman School of Law (February 2009)
- "Why Some Small Firms and Small-Firm Lawyers Need Matchmakers,": Above the Law (June 2011)
- "LinkedIn: Facebook for Lawyers,": NALP E-Guides on E-Professionalism (May 2011)
- "Facebook for Law Students: Making Friends (But Protecting Your Professional Reputation)," NALP E-Guides on E-Professionalism (May 2011)
- "Twitter: An Online Cocktail Party,": NALP E-Guides on E-Professionalism (May 2011)
- "Selected Articles Related to Social Networking,": NALP E-Guides on E-Professionalism (May 2011)
- "The Big Secret of Social Media,": Above the Law (December 2010)
- "Don't Waste the Crisis,": Texas Lawyer (March 2009)
Ellen B. Feldman, Esq.
Senior Attorney Search DirectorBaltimore, Maryland
Ellen Feldman is a Senior Attorney Search Director in the Baltimore office of Special Counsel. Ellen places attorneys and paralegals in direct hire positions in law firms and corporate legal departments across the Maryland area. Ellen clerked for The Honorable James F. Schneider, United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland, for one year prior to becoming an associate with the nationally renowned law firm in Baltimore. Additionally, Ellen practiced law for eight years before joining Special Counsel in 1996.
Ellen is an honors graduate of the University of Baltimore School of Law and an honors graduate of the University of Delaware.
- Maryland State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Volunteer Award for the South Baltimore Learning Center for Adult Literacy
- University of Baltimore Law Review
Nicholas Grimm, Esq.
Attorney Search DirectorPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Nicholas (Nick) Grimm is an Attorney Search Director for the Pittsburgh office of Special Counsel. Nick currently focuses on placing talented attorneys into full-time positions with law firms and corporations in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Prior to joining Special Counsel, Nick worked primarily in the real estate industry. He started a successful real estate settlement company representing buyers and sellers in both commercial and residential real estate transactions. Nick also provided in-house counsel to a large leasing corporation, in addition to advising on contract formation, lease negotiation and collection matters.
Nick obtained his J.D. from Barry University School of Law and his Bachelor of Science degree in Management Information Systems from Pennsylvania State University.
- Pennsylvania State Bar
Elizabeth Hamilton, Esq.
Attorney Search DirectorCleveland, Ohio
Elizabeth "Liz" Hamilton is an Attorney Search Director in the Cleveland office of Special Counsel. Liz focuses on placing attorneys into direct hire positions with corporations and law firms in northern and central Ohio. Prior to joining Special Counsel, Liz worked for thirteen years in Ohio law firms, where she practiced in the areas of estate and trust law and estate taxation.
Liz received her J.D. from Wake Forest University School of Law, and her Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication from Marietta College, where she graduated summa cum laude.
- Connecticut Bar
- Ohio Bar
Kristin Herman, Esq.
Attorney Search DirectorSan Francisco, California
Kristin is an Attorney Search Director with the San Francisco office of Special Counsel. In her position, Kristin recruits and places top-level attorneys with leading law firms and companies throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, and the U.S. Prior to joining Special Counsel Kristin was an Associate Attorney for an international law firm, where she specialized in immigration matters.
Kristin holds a Bachelor’s of Arts degree in English from the University of California at Berkeley and was awarded her J.D. degree from Santa Clara University School of Law. While in law school she spent a summer in Guanajuato, Mexico studying International Human Rights and NAFTA. She also clerked for a semester at the Immigration Court in San Francisco.
- State Bar of California
Jesse P. Hyde, Esq.
Attorney Search DirectorChicago, Illinois
Jesse P. Hyde is an Attorney Search Director in the Chicago office of Special Counsel. Jesse recruits and places top-level attorneys at law firms and corporate legal departments.
Jesse is responsible for placing attorneys in a broad range of practice areas, including corporate and securities, banking and finance, intellectual property, real estate, healthcare, labor and employment, tax, commercial litigation, trust and estates and many others.
Jesse received his J.D. from Loyola University Chicago School of Law (Dean’s List) and his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Michigan. While in law school, Jesse was a member of the Loyola University Chicago Law Journal, the Chicago Bar Association Moot Court Team and a judicial extern for the Honorable Samuel Der-Yeghiayan, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Prior to joining Special Counsel, Jesse was a commercial litigation attorney with a midsize law firm in Chicago.
- State Bar of Illinois, 2006
- State Bar of Michigan, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2007
- Co-Author: "Multidistrict Litigation: Technical and Practical Considerations" (FDCC Quarterly, 2009)
- Chicago Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Career Assistance Committee - Co-Chair
- University of Michigan Club of Greater Chicago - Board Member
Jennifer Kay, Esq.
Attorney Search DirectorWashington, D.C. & New York
Jennifer Kay is an Attorney Search Director for the Washington, D.C. and New York offices of Special Counsel. Jennifer places direct hire attorneys in law firms and corporate legal departments.
Originally from Bethesda, Maryland, Jennifer graduated from Tulane University and subsequently obtained her law degree from New York Law School. Jennifer is very involved with the Tulane Alumni board in New York City.
- New York Bar
Jaime Lawrence, Esq.
Paralegal Search DirectorNew York, New York
Jaime Lawrence is a Paralegal Search Director for the Special Counsel New York office. Jaime currently focuses on placing paralegals and other non-attorneys into full-time positions with law firms and corporations in New York City. Prior to joining Special Counsel, Jaime worked as a civil litigator, focusing on the representation of individual clients in various matters dealing with sexual harassment, discrimination, defamation, and medical malpractice.
Jaime received her J.D. from Thomas M. Cooley Law School and her Bachelor of Arts degree in Business from Duquesne University, where she graduated cum laude. During her time at Cooley, Jaime received an honors scholarship.
- New York State Bar
- New York State Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers’ Association
Kirsten Nyhus, Esq.
Attorney Search DirectorMinneapolis, Minnesota
Kirsten Nyhus is the Attorney Search Director in the Minneapolis office of Special Counsel. In this role, Kirsten recruits and places top-level attorneys at law firms and corporate legal departments throughout Minnesota and the surrounding markets.
Prior to joining Special Counsel, Kirsten practiced healthcare law in-house at one of the nation’s largest non-profit healthcare organizations. She then went on to co-found and operate an online start-up company.
Kirsten received her J.D. from Creighton University School of Law, Dean’s List, and her Bachelor of Arts degree from California State University San Marcos, magna cum laude.
- Minnesota State Bar
- North Dakota State Bar
- Nebraska State Bar (inactive)
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Creighton Law Alumni Committee – Minneapolis
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association