Special Counsel Los Angeles
Special Counsel’s Los Angeles office has had a strong presence in the local legal market since 1996 providing attorney and paralegal search, as well as legal project staffing and document review solutions. We consult strategically with law firms to grow practice areas and office staff by applying our unique mix of industry expertise, creativity, dedication, and experience.
Our long-tenured staff has worked with clients of all sizes – from solo practitioners to midsize and large law firms – as well as many corporations and government entities. We have a solid reputation for placing mid-level and senior attorneys with experience in specific practice areas.
Conveniently located downtown, our Los Angeles office offers:
- Contract, contract-to-hire and direct-hire services
- Local-market expertise, coupled with Special Counsel’s national resources
- Knowledgeable, professional, and efficient services for entertainment law, as well as foreign language document review
- Staffing and management of on-site and off-site document review teams, discovery and eDiscovery projects
- On-demand access to configurable TurnKey Legal Center document review project space, computers and equipment for your next eDiscovery project
- Our exclusive SightManager® document review management software featuring cutting-edge monitoring and reporting tools that allow you to manage multiple projects securely and efficiently without leaving your office
We have strong alliances with legal professional organizations, such as:
- Los Angeles Paralegal Association (LAPA)
- Greater Los Angeles Association of Legal Administrators (GLA ALA)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association (BHBA)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles (WLALA)
- Latina Lawyers Bar Association (LLBA)
- Christian Legal Society (CLS)
- California Minority Counsel Program (CMPC)
Recent Legal Job Postings in Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles, CaliforniaDate Posted: 01/172018-01-17Position: AttorneyPractice Area: Real PropertyEmployment Type: Direct HireOur client has an immediate Los Angeles opening for a Real Estate Associate for their growing real estate practice.
This may be the position for you if:
- You have 3 to 5 years of solid transactional real estate experience
- You have experience...
Location: Glendale, CaliforniaDate Posted: 01/172018-01-17Position: Administrative AssistantPractice Area: LitigationEmployment Type: Contract To HireFull time Junior Legal Secretary Job in Glendale, CA
Are you interested in a full-time job with our client in Glendale? You may be a...View Details.
Location: Los Angeles, CaliforniaDate Posted: 01/172018-01-17Position: ParalegalPractice Area: Real PropertyEmployment Type: Direct HireFull time Real Estate Paralegal Job in Los Angeles, CA
Are you interested in a full-time job with our client in Los Angeles? You may be a fit if you have at least 8+ years of law firm or legal department experience. A bachelor’s and paralegal certificate is required....View Details.
Location: Century City, CaliforniaDate Posted: 01/172018-01-17Position: AttorneyPractice Area: Contracts LawEmployment Type: Direct HireWould you like to join a collegial, award-winning team of corporate attorneys at an AmLaw 200 firm in West LA? If so, then this Corporate Associate job in West LA may be the right fit for you. You will be working with a star-studded group of tenured partners and associates on...View Details.
Location: Arco Station, CaliforniaDate Posted: 01/172018-01-17Position: Legal SecretaryPractice Area: Real PropertyEmployment Type: Direct HireFull time Junior Legal Secretary Job in Los Angeles, CA
Are you interested in a full-time job with our client in Los Angeles? You may be a fit if you have at least one year of either law firm or legal department experience, along with transactional legal secretary...View Details.
Location: Sherman Oaks, CaliforniaDate Posted: 01/152018-01-15Position: Legal SecretaryPractice Area: InsuranceEmployment Type: ContractSherman Oaks office of National Insurance Company is seeking an experienced legal secretary on a temporary to hire basis.
- 5+ years of solid litigation experience, preferably in Insurance Defense
- Knowledge of State and Federal...
Location: Long Beach, CaliforniaDate Posted: 01/152018-01-15Position: ParalegalPractice Area: LitigationEmployment Type: Direct HireSpecial Counsel has an exciting opportunity for a litigation paralegal to perform a variety of paralegal duties for a law firm in the Long Beach area....View Details.
Location: Los Angeles, CaliforniaDate Posted: 01/152018-01-15Position: ParalegalPractice Area: Health CareEmployment Type: ContractLos Angeles based Healthcare company is seeking a paralegal or attorney with regulatory experience for a 3-5 months contracts.
- 3+ years healthcare industry experience
- Familiar with regulatory filing requirements
Location: Santa Monica , CaliforniaDate Posted: 01/102018-01-10Position: Office ServicesPractice Area: OpenEmployment Type: ContractLong Term and Part time contract scanner position available in Santa Monica. In this part time role you will be reporting to the Santa Monica court house for document collection, scanning, and filing. This position is 3 hours a day and 5 days a week, ideal for students or anyone already...View Details.
Location: Pasadena, CaliforniaDate Posted: 01/092018-01-09Position: Legal SecretaryPractice Area: OpenEmployment Type: Contract To HireLong Term Transactional legal secretary contract opportunity available immediately through Special Counsel. The ideal candidate has experience providing administrative support to attorneys and legal assistants by processing expense reports, scheduling conference calls, reserving...View Details.
Location: Los Angeles, CaliforniaDate Posted: 01/092018-01-09Position: Legal SecretaryPractice Area: Litigation – CivilEmployment Type: Contract To HireLitigation Secretary with asbestos experience needed for well established and respected Downtown LA boutique law firm.
Candidates must have:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience handling asbestos related matters.
- State and Federal eFiling...
Location: Arco Station, CaliforniaDate Posted: 01/092018-01-09Position:Practice Area: SecuritiesEmployment Type: ContractSpecial Counsel is seeking a temporary Compliance Specialist in Downtown Los Angeles. In this role, you will be assisting the CCO as it relates to the oversight and due diligence review. Qualified candidates will have experience with FINRA and have a working knowledge of regulatory...View Details.
Location: Los Angeles, CaliforniaDate Posted: 01/052018-01-05Position: ParalegalPractice Area: ParalegalEmployment Type: Contract To HireWest Los Angeles Plaintiff Personal Injury Firm seeks a Bilingual (English/Spanish) paralegal to join its team on a temp to hire basis.
Ideal candidates will have:
- BA Degree
- 3+ years experience working as PI Paralegal
- ABA approved paralegal...
Location: Los Angeles, CaliforniaDate Posted: 01/052018-01-05Position: ParalegalPractice Area: LitigationEmployment Type: Direct HireA downtown law firm is searching for a Paralegal to join their growing firm!
- Must have at least 5 years of experience as a litigation paralegal
- A paralegal certificate
- Solid understanding of CA civil litigation (state...
Location: Los Angeles , CaliforniaDate Posted: 01/052018-01-05Position: LitigationPractice Area: LitigationEmployment Type: Direct HireLitigation Legal Assistant Position in Los Angeles
Special Counsel has an immediate need for a litigation legal assistant to assist in a growing downtown firm. The perfect candidate would already have worked in a fast-paced defense firm focused on civil litigation matters,...View Details.
EEO - EEO Poster Suppl - Affimative Action Policy