Special Counsel Washington, D.C.
Since 1987, the Washington, D.C. branch of Special Counsel has been a pillar of strength in the local legal market. We consistently rank as the market’s leading provider of temporary staffing, temporary-to-hire placement, and direct-hire search and placement of attorneys and paralegals, with clients ranging from Am Law Top 25 firms, to mid-size boutiques and solo practitioners, to Fortune 100 corporations and government agencies. Our effective recruiting and placement methods have earned us an unmatched reputation for successful project management.
In addition to being the leading temporary legal staffing agency in the nation’s capital, we are known as the "go-to" source for niche, complex opportunities, placing highly skilled legal professionals on long-term projects or in permanent positions.
Conveniently located in the famed "K Street Corridor" in the hub of the west-end business district, our Washington, D.C. office offers:
- Contract, contract-to-hire and direct-hire services
- Local-market expertise, coupled with Special Counsel’s national resources
- Knowledgeable, professional, and efficient services, including antitrust and intellectual property
- Custom solutions in workload management in a wide range of practice areas, including anti-trust second requests, IP litigation, FCPA investigations, and regulatory and compliance matters
- Staffing and management of on-site and off-site document review teams, discovery and eDiscovery projects
- On-demand access to three configurable TurnKey Legal Centers, specifically designed to provide document review project space, computers and equipment for your next eDiscovery project
- Our exclusive SightManager® document review management software featuring cutting-edge monitoring and reporting tools that allow you to manage multiple projects securely and efficiently without leaving your office
We have strong alliances with legal professional organizations, such as:
- The District of Columbia Bar (DCBAR)
- National Capital Area Paralegal Association (NCAPA)
- International Paralegal Management Association (IPMA)
- Women in E-Discovery (WiE)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
- National Women’s Law Center (NWLC)
Recent Legal Job Postings in Washington, D.C.
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 11/19Position: Document ReviewerPractice Area: AntitrustEmployment Type: ContractWe are staffing a document review project in Washington, D.C with an immediate need for reviewers. To be considered for this project, you must be... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 11/17Position: AttorneyPractice Area: Intellectual PropertyEmployment Type: ContractSpecial Counsel is actively seeking a Staff Attorney with at least three years of experience in all stages of trademark prosecution, as well as experience in managing international trademark portfolios and handling early stages of trademark enforcement actions. This is a six (6) month... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 11/17Position:Practice Area: Intellectual PropertyEmployment Type: TemporarySpecial Counsel has a need for a Patent Paralegal or JD (unlicensed attorney) for an in-house position in Washington, DC and want to see if you are available and interested. This is a temporary position.
Start: November or December 2015 (flexible)
Hours:... View Details
Location: Potomac, MarylandDate Posted: 11/17Position: AttorneyPractice Area: OpenEmployment Type: ContractSpecial Counsel is seeking project assistants, paralegals, and JDs for a four month temporary assignment with an immigration firm in Potomac, MD. The firm is seeking candidates who have Bachelor’s degree or higher to support a project for upcoming H visa deadlines. This position is... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 11/13Position: AttorneyPractice Area: Contracts LawEmployment Type: ContractAn Aviation Attorney Position is available courtesy of Special Counsel in Washington, D.C. This is a contract position with Washington D.C. based law firm.
• Must have aircraft leasing experience;
• Experience drafting documents... View Details