Special Counsel Washington, D.C.
Since 1987, the Washington, D.C. branch of Special Counsel has been a pillar of strength in the local legal market. We consistently rank as the market’s leading provider of temporary staffing, temporary-to-hire placement, and direct-hire search and placement of attorneys and paralegals, with clients ranging from Am Law Top 25 firms, to mid-size boutiques and solo practitioners, to Fortune 100 corporations and government agencies. Our effective recruiting and placement methods have earned us an unmatched reputation for successful project management.
In addition to being the leading temporary legal staffing agency in the nation’s capital, we are known as the "go-to" source for niche, complex opportunities, placing highly skilled legal professionals on long-term projects or in permanent positions.
Conveniently located in the famed "K Street Corridor" in the hub of the west-end business district, our Washington, D.C. office offers:
- Contract, contract-to-hire and direct-hire services
- Local-market expertise, coupled with Special Counsel’s national resources
- Knowledgeable, professional, and efficient services, including antitrust and intellectual property
- Custom solutions in workload management in a wide range of practice areas, including anti-trust second requests, IP litigation, FCPA investigations, and regulatory and compliance matters
- Staffing and management of on-site and off-site document review teams, discovery and eDiscovery projects
- On-demand access to three configurable TurnKey Legal Centers, specifically designed to provide document review project space, computers and equipment for your next eDiscovery project
- Our exclusive SightManager® document review management software featuring cutting-edge monitoring and reporting tools that allow you to manage multiple projects securely and efficiently without leaving your office
We have strong alliances with legal professional organizations, such as:
- The District of Columbia Bar (DCBAR)
- National Capital Area Paralegal Association (NCAPA)
- International Paralegal Management Association (IPMA)
- Women in E-Discovery (WiE)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
- National Women’s Law Center (NWLC)
Recent Legal Job Postings in Washington, D.C.
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 04/16Position: AttorneyPractice Area: Business LawEmployment Type: Direct Hire
A corporate finance attorney job has opened up in Washington, D.C. and we’re working to find the right candidate. Two-plus years of experience doing high-level work is required.... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 04/16Position: AttorneyPractice Area: Intellectual PropertyEmployment Type: Direct Hire
A Patent Prosecution Attorney job in Washington, D.C. is immediately available! Consideration requires at least two years’ large law firm experience in patent prosecution work, as well... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 04/10Position: ParalegalPractice Area: Environmental LawEmployment Type: Either Contract or Direct Hire
An environmental paralegal job in Washington, D.C. is currently available courtesy of Special Counsel. To be considered for this opportunity, you must have a bachelor’s degree and at least... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 04/01Position: ParalegalPractice Area: OpenEmployment Type: Contract To Hire
A temp-to-hire litigation paralegal/ assistant job is available right now courtesy of Special Counsel in Washington, DC! Candidates will be responsible for supporting litigation attorneys with... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 03/31Position: AttorneyPractice Area: LitigationEmployment Type: Contract
Special Counsel is actively recruiting Licensed Attorneys with fluency in foreign languages (such as Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Korean, German, French, and Spanish) to assist with future document... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 03/31Position: OtherPractice Area: OpenEmployment Type: Direct Hire
Our client, a top firm in Washington, DC is searching for a talented recruiting coordinator to join their team. Duties will include assisting with recruiting efforts and the hiring of... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 03/26Position: OtherPractice Area: OpenEmployment Type: Direct Hire
Special Counsel’s Washington, D.C. team is growing - we are searching for motivated, fun-loving candidates interested in joining our busy team of Recruiters.
Location: Fairfax, VirginiaDate Posted: 03/26Position: ParalegalPractice Area: LitigationEmployment Type: Either Contract or Direct Hire
A temp to hire medical malpractice litigation paralegal position is available thorough Special Counsel in Fairfax, VA! Candidates should have a 4-year college degree or a paralegal certificate and previous law firm experience.... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 03/21Position: ParalegalPractice Area: Contracts LawEmployment Type: Either Contract or Direct Hire
Special Counsel is actively sourcing paralegal candidates with experience in cross-border financing, ideally with expertise in aircraft financing and leasing. Qualified candidates must have a four year degree as well as at least one... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 03/21Position: AttorneyPractice Area: Contracts LawEmployment Type: Contract
Special Counsel is actively sourcing talented attorney and paralegal candidates in the Washington DC Metro Area with technology licensing expertise for upcoming temporary projects with our in-house and law firm clients. Seeking... View Details