Special Counsel Washington, D.C.
Since 1987, the Washington, D.C. branch of Special Counsel has been a pillar of strength in the local legal market. We consistently rank as the market’s leading provider of temporary staffing, temporary-to-hire placement, and direct-hire search and placement of attorneys and paralegals, with clients ranging from Am Law Top 25 firms, to mid-size boutiques and solo practitioners, to Fortune 100 corporations and government agencies. Our effective recruiting and placement methods have earned us an unmatched reputation for successful project management.
In addition to being the leading temporary legal staffing agency in the nation’s capital, we are known as the "go-to" source for niche, complex opportunities, placing highly skilled legal professionals on long-term projects or in permanent positions.
Conveniently located in the famed "K Street Corridor" in the hub of the west-end business district, our Washington, D.C. office offers:
- Contract, contract-to-hire and direct-hire services
- Local-market expertise, coupled with Special Counsel’s national resources
- Knowledgeable, professional, and efficient services, including antitrust and intellectual property
- Custom solutions in workload management in a wide range of practice areas, including anti-trust second requests, IP litigation, FCPA investigations, and regulatory and compliance matters
- Staffing and management of on-site and off-site document review teams, discovery and eDiscovery projects
- On-demand access to three configurable TurnKey Legal Centers, specifically designed to provide document review project space, computers and equipment for your next eDiscovery project
- Our exclusive SightManager® document review management software featuring cutting-edge monitoring and reporting tools that allow you to manage multiple projects securely and efficiently without leaving your office
We have strong alliances with legal professional organizations, such as:
- The District of Columbia Bar (DCBAR)
- National Capital Area Paralegal Association (NCAPA)
- International Paralegal Management Association (IPMA)
- Women in E-Discovery (WiE)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
- National Women’s Law Center (NWLC)
Recent Legal Job Postings in Washington, D.C.
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 08/31Position: AdministrativePractice Area: OpenEmployment Type: ContractSpecial Counsel’s DC office is growing and has an exciting legal staffing opportunity for an attorney or paralegal who wishes to use their valuable experience and education in a non-traditional fashion! You will establish, maintain and grow relationships with key decision-makers in... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 08/28Position: Document ReviewerPractice Area: International LawEmployment Type: ContractSpecial Counsel is staffing a Russian Language Document Review in Washington, DC. To be considered for this position, you must be D.C. barred and be active and in good standing. Prior document review experience is required. These positions are temporary. This project has limited... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 08/27Position: Legal SecretaryPractice Area: LitigationEmployment Type: Direct HireA Patent Legal Secretary Job is available in Washington, D.C. To be considered for this position, you must have a minimum of five to seven years of patent legal secretarial experience. The firm is looking to hire immediately. This is a permanent position. Salary to commensurate with... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 08/14Position: AttorneyPractice Area: Tax LawEmployment Type: ContractSpecial Counsel is currently seeking an ERISA/ Employee Benefits expert for a long-term temporary position located in DC. We are looking for a... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 08/05Position: AttorneyPractice Area: Real PropertyEmployment Type: ContractA Real Estate Attorney job is available in Washington, D.C. To be considered for this position, you must have a minimum of 3-6 years of experience in real estate with a focus in hospitality. Must also be a licensed attorney in D.C. with active status and in good standing. This is a... View Details