Special Counsel Washington, D.C.
Since 1987, the Washington, D.C. branch of Special Counsel has been a pillar of strength in the local legal market. We consistently rank as the market’s leading provider of temporary staffing, temporary-to-hire placement, and direct-hire search and placement of attorneys and paralegals, with clients ranging from Am Law Top 25 firms, to mid-size boutiques and solo practitioners, to Fortune 100 corporations and government agencies. Our effective recruiting and placement methods have earned us an unmatched reputation for successful project management.
In addition to being the leading temporary legal staffing agency in the nation’s capital, we are known as the "go-to" source for niche, complex opportunities, placing highly skilled legal professionals on long-term projects or in permanent positions.
Conveniently located in the famed "K Street Corridor" in the hub of the west-end business district, our Washington, D.C. office offers:
- Contract, contract-to-hire and direct-hire services
- Local-market expertise, coupled with Special Counsel’s national resources
- Knowledgeable, professional, and efficient services, including antitrust and intellectual property
- Custom solutions in workload management in a wide range of practice areas, including anti-trust second requests, IP litigation, FCPA investigations, and regulatory and compliance matters
- Staffing and management of on-site and off-site document review teams, discovery and eDiscovery projects
- On-demand access to three configurable TurnKey Legal Centers, specifically designed to provide document review project space, computers and equipment for your next eDiscovery project
- Our exclusive SightManager® document review management software featuring cutting-edge monitoring and reporting tools that allow you to manage multiple projects securely and efficiently without leaving your office
We have strong alliances with legal professional organizations, such as:
- The District of Columbia Bar (DCBAR)
- National Capital Area Paralegal Association (NCAPA)
- International Paralegal Management Association (IPMA)
- Women in E-Discovery (WiE)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
- National Women’s Law Center (NWLC)
Recent Legal Job Postings in Washington, D.C.
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 06/30Position: AttorneyPractice Area: Banking and Commercial FinanceEmployment Type: ContractA position for an attorney with a banking or finance background and good writing skills and is available courtesy of Special Counsel. To be considered for this position, you must have a minimum of four years’ legal experience. This client is looking to hire immediately.... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 06/24Position: AttorneyPractice Area: Intellectual PropertyEmployment Type: ContractA Document Review Position is available in Washington, D.C. To be considered for this position, you must be barred with active and good standing in D.C. Must have chemistry and pharma experience. Prior document review experience is required. These positions are temporary. Duration is 2-4... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 06/19Position: AttorneyPractice Area: Litigation – CivilEmployment Type: ContractA Real Estate Transactional Attorney Position is available courtesy of Special Counsel. This is a temporary position in the Washington D.C.... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 06/16Position: ParalegalPractice Area: LitigationEmployment Type: ContractA Temporary Paralegal Job is available courtesy of Special Counsel in Washington, D.C. To be considered for this position, you must have a minimum of five or more years corporate experience working in professional services or a law firm. The firm is looking to hire immediately, the... View Details
Location: King of Prussia, PennsylvaniaDate Posted: 06/12Position: AttorneyPractice Area: Government ContractsEmployment Type: ContractA Temporary Contracts Attorney job is available in Chantilly, VA. To be considered for this position, you must have a minimum of 4-7 years’ experience with federal government contracts. This is a temporary position with the potential to become permanent. Pay is... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 06/12Position: Document ReviewerPractice Area: International LawEmployment Type: ContractForeign language document review jobs are available in Washington, D.C. To be considered for this position, you must be actively barred in any jurisdiction and in good standing. You must be fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Russian, French, or German. Prior document review... View Details
Location: Washington, District of ColumbiaDate Posted: 06/12Position: Document ReviewerPractice Area: OpenEmployment Type: ContractDocument review jobs are available in Washington, DC. To be considered for this position, you must be barred in DC with active and good standing. These positions are temporary.
• DC barred with active status and in good... View Details