Case Study: Qualified, adaptable professionals for fluctuating in-house legal support needs
Special Counsel's client, a Pittsburgh based shipping services provider, needed exceptional contract legal support on a rolling basis to assist with fluctuating litigation workloads and other in-house matters.
Find skilled candidates who were adaptable to a unique in-house corporate climate.
Special Counsel provided legal professionals who met the client's fluctuating needs and has become a trusted provider for contract legal support staffing.
Read the full case study:
Special Counsel's client, a Pittsburgh-based shipping services provider, needed exceptional contract legal support on a rolling basis to assist with fluctuating litigation workloads and other in-house matters.
- In addition to legal and technical acumen, our client's management team highly values contract professionals whose attention to detail is second to none and whose personalities allow for a seamless fit into the company's unique professional culture.
- Candidates who possessed both the desired skillset and cultural fit proved difficult to recruit and retain, given the cyclical nature of the company's legal needs.
Engagement / Our solution
Our client relationship began when Special Counsel provided 30 contract attorneys to assist with a particular litigation matter. Impressed by Special Counsel's professionalism and the caliber of our candidates, the shipping services provider then contracted two paralegals that excelled in their assigned roles.
The Special Counsel account team worked closely with client management to master their understanding of the client's work culture and desired skillsets. As a result, our team was able to identify legal professionals who possessed the traits and skills needed to succeed in our client's legal department.
After each placement, our account managers closely followed our consultant's progress and provided guidance and client support throughout the engagement. Within 18 months, Special Counsel placed seven legal support professionals in the company's legal department.
Outcomes / Highlights
- Special Counsel provided immediate value to this growing legal department by supplying skilled legal professionals who fit our client's corporate culture.
- Many of the contract professionals staffed by Special Counsel have been invited by client management to stay on as full-time employees.
- Special Counsel continues to impress our client with the quality of our placements. We are now proudly the "go-to" legal staffing firm for this international shipping services provider.