Special Counsel is seeking a Commercial Litigation Paralegal for an AmLaw firm in Orlando, FL. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting Attorneys at trial, and other standard Paralegal duties in Commercial Litigation practice.
- Assist in creating, managing and working in litigation databases such as Concordance for major litigation; review data and documents to determine relevant legal and factual issues and code in electronic litigation databases; scan paper documents to electronic format; index or file document images according to established office procedures.
- Assist attorneys with discovery phase of litigation and preparation for trial; prepare exhibits and notebooks for and attend depositions, court hearings, and trials; prepare witness files; gather and organize documents for discovery; prepare draft interrogatories, requests for documents, requests for admissions, and other litigation documents; summarize deposition transcripts; prepare and arrange for service of subpoenas; schedule court reporters for depositions.
- Calculate filing dates for court and other filing deadlines; incorporate information into the scheduling calendar to monitor deadlines; notify attorneys and staff of any updates to electronic court dockets.
- Electronic Records experience required
- 4+ years of experience performing the work listed in Responsibilities
- Paralegal Certificate and or a Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong organization skills, ability to monitor deadlines and interact with multiple attorneys
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Proficient in litigation management databases such as Concordance, Relativity
- Responsive and courteous interaction with clients
- Ability to operate with a minimum of supervision, including consistent follow through on assignments
- Proficient in Microsoft Products
- Previous exposure to trial on more than one occasion
If you are interested in this position, and believe that you are qualified, please apply today!