Special Counsel is looking for a Commercial Transaction Paralegal to work for an in-house legal department in a Southwest suburb of Saint Paul. This is an exciting role supporting attorneys on a variety of legal transactions such as contracts, finance, contract management and other miscellaneous legal team projects.
- Review, analyze and maintain contracts, licenses, certificates and other important documents to ensure it complies with corporate legal guidelines.
- Draft, reviews and redlines NDA, Vendor Applications and RFPs and assist with maintaining, the implementation and gatekeeping of the contract management.
- Review invoices associated with legal service payment, ensure work performed within budget, track and manage legal invoicing.
- Applies knowledge of business concepts, procedures and practices and/or develops technologies or processes. Has thorough understanding of fundamentals in cross functional areas.
- Perform administrative tasks for the legal team such as drafting correspondence, taking minutes and scheduling meetings.
- Assume additional responsibilities, including committees and special projects as needed or directed.
- Strong written and oral communication and strong command of the English language as relates to proper grammar, punctuation and editing skills as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of corporate practice.
- Strong analytic and drafting skills.
- Must be able to work in a high-paced environment handling multiple tasks at the same time; and must maintain confidentiality of projects, legal and business information at all times.
- Able to solve complex problems and provides solutions.
- Motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills/
- Ability to effectively organize projects, workload while paying close attention to detail, meet multiple deadlines, manage projects for several attorneys and work under pressure.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as a team.
- Experience in contract lifecycle management.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Paralegal: 5 years (Preferred)