Now recruiting for a Compliance and Ethics Officer job in Orlando, Florida, through Special Counsel! Do you have five plus years of experience overseeing statutory, regulatory and ethical requirements associated with anti-bribery, anti-corruption or trade? If so, then apply today to be considered for this direct hire position!
Compliance Officer Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees the development and implementation of the compliance program policy, and standards as well as addressing other required regulatory policies.
- Develops, leads, manages and motivates staff.
- Monitors staff performance, works with Human Resources on issues, works with employees to implement goals and document progress.
- Maintains an outstanding knowledge of current federal laws and regulations.
- Monitors, interprets and communicates regulatory changes that impact new products, or existing business activities.
- Maintains the effectiveness of the Compliance Program.
- Oversees or participates in product assessments to verify ongoing regulatory compliance.
- Develops, coordinates and participates in compliance Education and training programs.
- Manages the Product Compliance Department.
- Advises developers and product managers of compliance requirements for new product enhancements or corrections.
- Establishes metrics and provides reporting to stakeholders.
- Manages the development of articles, web scripts, seminar content and other materials on relevant compliance topics to assist clients in understanding specific compliance regulations.
- Presents compliance seminars, web casts and other compliance oriented presentations to internal and external clients.
- Manages and/or conducts product compliance audits and assessments.
- Develops, implements, and maintain systems, procedures, and policies.
- Administers budget.
- Manages schedules and performance standards.
- Participates in strategy and business plan development.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Above average knowledge of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the UK Bribery Act, ITAR, EAR, and OFAC.
- Both expert knowledge of consumer protection laws and regulations, as well as the ability to effectively teach groups of various sizes.
- Requires strong management skills, as well as strong organizational, team building, coaching and mentoring skills.
- General business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision, and executive presence.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve employee related issues.
- Strong analytical, statistical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks.
- Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner including presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner.
- Skill in productivity, planning, and workload management.
- Skill in negotiation regarding complex issues.
- Ability to provide information to a variety of audiences and deal effectively with confidential issues that are sensitive in nature.
- Ability to share information with awareness of its effect on others.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred
Are you interested in applying for this Compliance Officer job in Orlando, Florida? If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please apply today by submitting your resume in Word format using the below link! To view all our open positions, please visit us at www.specialcounsel.com and follow @SCIOrlando on Twitter and Facebook for daily updates on new positions and the legal market in central Florida!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled