Are you a patent prosecution paralegal interested in a contract job opportunity in Denver, CO? This role has the opportunity to convert to a permanent position for the right individual. You will be responsible for preparing and filing patent applications, correspondence, and other legal documentation, including office action response shells, assignment recordations, application data sheets, Information Disclosure Statements, inventor declarations, formalities responses, ePetitions; preparing PCT request forms via PCT-SAFE and ePCT; e-filing US patent applications, PCT applications with WIPO via ePCT and with the US Receiving Office via EFS-Web; managing heavy US and foreign patent prosecution docketing; keeping attorneys abreast of deadlines, including setting reminders; obtaining foreign priority documents and priority documents from the USPTO; proofreading documents; legal research; and other tasks as assigned. Are you someone who exhibits high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the ability to constantly reprioritize an ever-shifting workload on the fly? This may be the role you’ve been searching for.
- 2+ years of IP patent prosecution experience, including PCT/USPTO patent filing; experience supporting remote attorneys is a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate highly preferred
- Experience with the following softwares: Microsoft Suite (Word, Styles, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), ePCT, EFS-Web, Global IP Estimator, PAIR, Foundation IP or a similar docket database, Adobe Acrobat, USPTO, and WIPO websites
- A thorough understanding of state and federal court rules, calendaring, and filing / e-filing procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of IP law and USPTO practices
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communications with impeccable grammar and spelling
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a flexible, positive attitude
If you are a qualified patent prosecution paralegal interested in stepping up your career, please apply today! To see additional job opportunities across the country, check out www.specialcounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply!