An international Non-Profit has a need for a Contracts and Procurement Manager. Located in Washington, D.C. This position will assist the company’s legal team in implementing new contract management software, so the chosen individual must have a strong contracts background. In this role you will manage a team of contract administrators. The company needs someone who can hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment.
Salary $100k - $110K.
The ideal candidate will have functioned as a Contracts Director or Contracts Manager with direct supervisor experience.
The primary role of this position is to lead a team of contracting professionals.
Centralize the procurement and contracting unit, assist staff with the purchase of specialized and commodity-type goods and services from domestic and international vendors in support of operational departments.
Manage the first level quality control process for operations contracts and ensure full compliance with finance, procurement and legal policies.
Your team will provide high quality support to staff (requestors/buyers) with the purchase requisition process, including: confirming budget availability, source of funding and proper coding; providing market pricing information in support of price negotiations; helping to properly document how contract budgets are derived; assisting with writing scopes of work and deliverables when requested and linking payment schedules to deliverables when appropriate; providing consultative services to requestors, subject matter experts and vendors; and evaluating requisition packages for completeness and proper pre-approvals and sign-offs.
Lead competitive Request for Proposals (RFP) to facilitate provider selection and due diligence and risk management evaluation and reporting. This may include: referring to an established list of preferred providers by service type, including past performance, to help inform vendor selection; developing strategic and/or preferred provider sourcing plans in consultation with buyers when asked; developing proposal solicitation strategies and managing voluntary RFP processes; and coordinating the distribution and/or collection of vendor due diligence information, including self-certification forms and domestic and international tax identification documents.
Negotiate legal terms and conditions and pricing upon request, including: negotiating terms and conditions, and when requested, assisting with negotiating best price to ensure goods and services are being purchased for a reasonable price.
Manage a contracting team.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a non-profit, for-profit and/or university setting.
- Minimum of two years of direct supervisory experience required, including experience managing performance management processes for direct reports and providing career development advice, coaching and counsel.
- Knowledge of contract law.
- Experience leading highly complex contractual arrangements, including contracts that may be funded by multiple donors; support numerous programs; involve international vendors, foreign currencies and unfamiliar laws; involve lobbying considerations; or be with non-profit organizations and require knowledge of tax exempt law.
- Expertise negotiating price, terms and conditions for domestic and international contracts; and in designing a strategic sourcing strategy in collaboration with requestors, including leading complex RFP activities.
- Experience supporting a change management initiative, such as centralizing and reengineering the procurement and contracting functions, yielding a more efficient and effective process.
- Experience effectively managing contract cycle-time and customer expectations, including demonstrated experience reducing the cycle-time and driving process efficiencies without negatively impacting the quality of the outcome.
- Financial management experience, including budgeting, reporting and analytics, as well as familiarity with basic accounting, costing and overhead allocation principles.
The company is looking for a resourceful individual who will be able to take projects and run with them. Qualified candidates should apply to get in touch with a recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled