An AmLaw 200 law firm has an immediate need for a paralegal to join the Corporate Law Practice Group. This role will assist attorneys with transactional work including, but not limited to, securities filings, UCC filings, corporate governance, research and legal documentation prep. The ideal candidate will have experience with capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, securities laws compliance, and/or corporate finance. This position can be located in the Atlanta, Richmond, Washington D.C., Berwyn or Philadelphia areas. This role is currently remote but will eventually be moving back into the physical office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform paralegal duties and responsibilities as directed by attorneys.
• Docket and take appropriate action to monitor and meet deadlines.
• Draft and file documents to incorporate/form, register/qualify, amend, convert and dissolve entities of all types in all jurisdictions, including organizational packages, various state registrations, applications for employer identification numbers, and stock issuances.
• Assist with all aspects of mergers, stock purchases, asset purchases, reorganizations and restructurings.
• Draft convertible note and preferred stock financing documents and handling closings.
• Prepare and file applications with the SEC to obtain CIK numbers and EDGAR access codes; prepare and submit Form D security exemption notice filings, Form IDs, and process state security exemption filings in connection with private placement financings, and the sale and issuance of stock, warrants, convertible notes, and membership interests.
• Experience with Carta, capitalization table management and conducting Blue Sky research is preferred but not required.
• Provide direct support to clients and use discretion to handle matters involving an attorney.
• Maintain positive relationships with firm attorneys, co-counsel, clients and vendors.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Be a self-starter, detail-oriented with strong organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
• Receive and follow complex instructions.
• Ability to juggle multiple assignments in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
• Possess impeccable attention to detail and analytical skills.
• Possess strong client relations skills.
• Be a team player and willing to collaborate regularly with other paralegals, attorneys and staff.
• Consistently exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
• Use initiative and discretion in accomplishing routine assignments with minimum supervision.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Graduation from a four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum 5 years of experience with corporate transaction; law firm experience preferred; or any combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.specialcounsel.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records