Special Counsel regularly places experienced Corporate Immigration Paralegals with some of the most sophisticated law firms in Michigan and are looking for our next great candidate to place with this professional background. If you are an experienced Corporate Immigration Paralegal looking to make their next professional jump please keep reading.
- Provides substantive assistance to attorneys, clients, and staff in the Business Immigration Practice Group of the Corporate Department.
- Prepares error-free, high quality employment-based immigrant petitions.
- Prepares supporting documentation for applications and petitions.
- Utilizes industry related software to complete forms and other documents
- Researches, summarizes and/or reviews state and federal rulings, cases, regulations, and statutes regarding immigration-related issues.
- Interacts with various outside entities
- Works independently
- A minimum of 2 years of business immigration experience including significant experience in preparing H-1B, L-1, I-140, I-485 and PERM Labor Certification filings.
- Proficient with iCert and the use of MS Word, use of the Internet, use of e-mail, and able to quickly learn and utilize other computer applications used by the firm.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under significant time constraints.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree with a major or minor in paralegal/legal assistant studies or Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree in any field plus a Paralegal/Legal Assistant Certificate from an ABA approved organization.