Special Counsel is regularly tapped by top law firms, hospital and health care systems around the state of Michigan for experienced Medical Malpractice Defense Litigation Paralegals. We anticipate that these needs will continue as they always have and with that in mind we are actively recruiting candidates for when those searches come up yet again. With that in mind please send us your resume if you possess the following skills and credentials:
- 5+ years of experience as a Medical Malpractice Litigation Paralegal handling complex cases.
- Proficient with summarizing depositions.
- Proficient with summarizing medical records.
- Proficient with medical terminology.
- Proficient with assisting attorneys on matters related to discovery including, but not limited to, drafting various legal documents, interrogatories, searching for responsive documents, etc.
- Demonstrated experience of meeting and exceeding one's yearly billable hour requirement.
Our clients usually have a preference for candidates who have at minimum a Paralegal Certificate from an A.B.A. approved paralegal program.
Salary is commensurate with experience but our client is looking for people who have at least five or more years of experience to keep up with this busy in house role.
If you are interested, please send your resume asap. Also, keep an eye out on www.specialcounsel.com for future job postings.