Special Counsel is proactively recruiting for Title Examiners and Title Abstractors. We anticipate many of our clients will be coming to us with these needs sooner than later. We are looking for people with the following experience:
- Examine and verify titles.
- Search real estate records.
- Summarize legal or insurance documents.
- Compile lists of mortgages, contracts, and other instruments pertaining to titles by searching public and private records for law firms, real estate agencies, or title insurance companies.
- Search, analyze, and evaluate records relating to titles of homes, land, and buildings.
- Ensure that the title to a property in question has no restrictions that may prevent or hinder its sale or use.
- Issue title insurance, acquire rights of way, buy and sell property, grant mortgage loans, and obtain and protect mineral rights.
- Search public and private records for law firms, real estate agencies, or title insurance companies.
- Examine deeds, deeds of trust, liens, judgments, easements, and plats/maps to determine ownership, encumbrances, and to verify legal descriptions of property.
- Prepare property reports and title commitments.
- Analyze chain of title and preparation of reports outlining title-related matters.
- Examine title reports from outside abstractors.
If you have 3+ years of experience as either a Title Examiner or a Title Abstractor, please send us your resume asap!