Special Counsel’s client in downtown Pittsburgh is looking for a highly technical energy legal assistant. Are you proficient in Excel? Do you like working closely with an attorney? To hear more and if you meet the below requirements please send your resume to Pittsburgh@specialcounsel.com
- Creating and preparing Excel documents; format documents using headers, footers, scaling, page numbering; simple formulas such as adding, subtracting, averages, percentages; creating sorts and filters.
- Working with PDF documents; convert Word documents to PDF, extracting pages, and creating forms.
- Working with Word documents; track changes, formatting, and printing;
- Preparing and drafting legal documents and correspondence, filing pleadings with courts and administrative agencies;
- Reviewing and routing incoming mail, preparing outgoing mail, ensuring that all attachments, exhibits, and enclosures are included;
- Entering, reviewing and correcting attorneys’ time entries;
- Preparing and submitting expense reports, scheduling client meetings, managing calendars, and making travel arrangements;
- Assisting attorneys with general administrative work such as typing, copying, scanning, answering phones, filing, transcribing, creating and formatting documents;
- Organizing documents and files, preparing files to be sent to off-site storage, and maintaining logs for files sent off-site;
- Responding promptly and efficiently to all communications;
- Working collaboratively in a team with other assistants and staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong Excel, Word, and PDF skills are required;
- Experience working in a law firm is preferred;
- Excellent computer skills; MS Office and Outlook, internet research, etc.;
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills with close attention to detail;
- Ability to strictly maintain client and firm confidentiality;
- A client-focused attitude, flexibility, and the ability to multitask and manage priorities effectively;
- Ability to work independently, as well as cooperatively within a team;
- A satisfactory result on a post offer, pre-employment background screening.
Please send your resume to Pittsburgh@specialcounsel.com
Equal Opportunity Employer