Are you an experienced legal secretary interested in a contract-to-hire opportunity in downtown Los Angeles? You must have estate planning experience to apply; we especially want to hear from those who also have corporate experience. You will be responsible for calendaring; state and federal court filings and e-filings; drafting, formatting, and proofreading legal documents and correspondence; coordinating depositions, mediations, and interviews; legal research; preparing pleadings and exhibits; and other tasks as assigned. You may also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as phone support, scanning, mailings, invoice/billing/collections support, time entry, and monitoring deadlines and schedules. The ideal candidate will be highly organized with superior writing and typing skills.
- 2+ years of estate planning legal secretary experience; corporate experience is a big plus
- A thorough understanding of state and federal court rules, filing/e-filing procedures, and calendaring abilities
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), and e-filing software
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified legal secretary with estate planning and corporate experience who is interested in stepping up your career today, please submit your resume in Word format to LosAngeles@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply! Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.