Are you an experienced legal assistant with 2 – 3+ years of estate planning experience interested in a full-time, permanent job opportunity in Portland, OR? This role may become contract-to-hire for the right individual. You will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofing legal documents and correspondence; filing and e-filing in OR courts; calendaring; client contact and answering client questions when the attorneys are not available; scheduling; and other tasks as assigned. You may also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as answering phones, maintaining office supplies, attorney time entry, billing and expense report support, and monitoring deadlines and schedules. The ideal candidate will be a pleasure to work with, with a no-task-too-small, pleasant demeanor and excellent computer skills.
- 2 - 3+ years of estate planning legal assistant experience
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint). ProLaw experience is a plus
- A thorough understanding of e-filing procedures and legal document formatting guidelines, and at least a basic understanding of estate and probate law
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified estate planning legal assistant interested in stepping up your career today, apply above or submit your resume in Word format to Portland@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply.