Are you an experienced Family Law Legal Assistant interested in a full-time, permanent job opportunity with a friendly, collaborative law firm in Portland? You will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofreading legal documents and correspondence, including discovery shells, disclosure packets, deposition notices, subpoenas, trial binders, and more; conducting client intake interviews; client and attorney communications; case and deadline management, including maintaining case documentation and scheduling; developing/responding/objecting to written discovery; scheduling depositions, appointments, hearings, and court appearances; filing matters and documents with the courts; trial prep and attending trial; calendaring; answering phones; and other tasks as assigned. We especially want to hear from those with experience with one or more of the following: PracticeMaster, TABS3, Dropbox, Deadlines.com, and/or CEB Essential Forms. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and very professional, with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. Are you the highly polished, detail-oriented, proactive paralegal we’ve been searching for?
- 3+ years of family law paralegal experience
- BA/BS and ABA-certified Paralegal Certificate are highly preferred
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with one or more of the following is a huge plus: PracticeMaster, TABS3, Dropbox, Deadlines.com, and/or CEB Essential Forms
- A thorough understanding of state court rules, calendaring, and legal document formatting guidelines. Willing to train on filing procedures if you are eager to learn!
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified Family Law Legal Assistant interested in stepping up your career, please apply today! To see additional job opportunities across the country, check out www.specialcounsel.com