Are you an experienced Firm Administrator looking for a wonderful new opportunity in the Buckhead area?
This individual will work independently and report directly to business owners. The Firm Administrator will have the responsibility of managing financial operations, including preparation of monthly financial statements; supervising the support staff; and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the firm. The ideal candidate excels at financial analysis and possesses good leadership qualities.
Education & Experience:
- Experience in a professional services environment (e.g. legal, accounting, consulting, medical) required, with previous law firm experience preferred
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and problem-solving capability
- An undergraduate degree is required, preferably in business administration, management, or accounting
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated success working as a Firm Administrator, Office Manager or Operations Manager with experience managing a staff of 15 or more employees
- Thorough understanding of law firm economics, including billing software, financial management, and practice management issues. Ability to generate and analyze financial reports and review with the managing partners
- Must be able to oversee outside IT consultants
- Knowledge of legal industry matters such as professional liability and conflicts of interest
- Supports team approach consistent with the firm’s culture
- Managing relationships with all vendors and implementing internal expense and expense reimbursement controls.
- Familiarity with Rippe & Kingston a plus
General Job Duties:
- Maintain and renew auto, office, and workman’s comp insurance policies yearly.
- Yearly renewal of professional liability policies
- Maintain documents for company vehicles. Including tag renewals, add and remove cars from insurance policies, and coordinate with brokers on insurance claims
- Attend partner meetings which includes soliciting agenda list, typing agenda list, securing agenda approval, and typing minutes from the meetings
- Maintain emergency contacts list and monitor inclement weather
- Work with building management to resolve issues and make service requests
- Retrieve mail and deliver to necessary department for distribution
- Oversee Atlanta Bar Association yearly membership renewals
- Oversee annual census and 401K program
- Filing notices, processing withdrawals, and coordinating with shareholders regarding allocations of annual profit sharing payments
- Handle IT issues as necessary
- Annual IT budget, relay IT issues to outside vendor, monitor internal phone system issues, and monitor cell phone plans
- Collect monthly rent for Of Counsel
- Working knowledge of employee benefits
- Secure, seek approval for, and pay vendor invoices. Post all credit card and check receipts to management system
- Create monthly summary report for credit cards.
- Trace daily banking transactions
- Print out and send copies of 1099s to recipients and to the IRS
- Reconcile bank accounts at months end
- Prepare weekly shareholder reports
- Create and maintain budget
- Complete steps for wire transfer checklist. Averages several times per month. Record to management system