A business law firm in the Loop is seeking an experienced Business Immigration Paralegal for their Chicago office to draft complex business immigration petitions and conducting legal research and analysis.
- Provides substantive assistance to attorneys, clients, and staff in the Business Immigration Practice Group of the Corporate Department.
- Prepares error-free, high quality employment-based immigrant petitions.
- Prepares supporting documentation for applications and petitions.
- Utilizes industry related software to complete forms and other documents
- Researches, summarizes and/or reviews state and federal rulings, cases, regulations, and statutes regarding immigration-related issues.
- Interacts with various outside entities
- Works independently
- A minimum of 3 years of business immigration experience including significant experience in preparing H-1B, L-1, I-140, I-485 and PERM Labor Certification filings.
- Proficient with iCert and the use of MS Word, use of the Internet, use of e-mail, and able to quickly learn and utilize other computer applications used by the firm.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under significant time constraints.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree with a major or minor in paralegal/legal assistant studies or Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree in any field plus a Paralegal/Legal Assistant Certificate from an ABA approved organization.