Special Counsel is working with an in-house legal department who are looking for a Corporate Paralegal to be added to their growing team. This opportunity will work with all levels and across numerous teams in the organization, as well as liaise with outside counsel and counterparties. In addition, the role offers exposure to complex fund, governance and investment-related matters.
- Legal support with corporate governance matters, including maintenance of appropriate books and records
- Legal support with organizational/fund formation and investor on-boarding
- Draft, review, and negotiate ISDA and repurchase agreements and documents related to opening and maintaining bank, prime brokerage and other similar accounts. (Preferred but not required)
- Compliance matters, including responses to counterparty requests related to “know-your-customer” rules and anti-money laundering laws
- Draft and revise confidentiality agreements and various other agreements as needs arise
- 4-year degree required
- Five (5) years’ experience in corporate, securities, commercial and/or private fund-related matters
- Exceptional attentiveness to detail with self-confidence, resourcefulness, initiative, strong problem solving skills, discipline, ability to assume various responsibilities, ability to deal effectively with people, and adapt and focus on priorities at hand.