Are you a legal assistant with insurance defense experience interested in a full-time, permanent job opportunity in downtown Portland, OR? You will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofing legal documents and correspondence, including form letters, settlement documents, Medicare and hospital liens, etc.; filing and e-filing in Oregon circuit court and Washington superior court; calendaring for a very busy, experienced set of lawyers; docketing; legal research; and other tasks as assigned. You may also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as client correspondence, answering phones, maintaining office supplies, attorney time entry, billing and expense report support, and monitoring deadlines and schedules. The ideal candidate will be a pleasure to work with, with a no-task-too-small, pleasant demeanor and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years of recent insurance defense legal assistant experience required
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint). TimeMatters experience is a plus
- A thorough understanding of filing/e-filing procedures in Oregon Circuit Court, calendaring, and legal document formatting guidelines
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication skills, a sense of humor, and a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified insurance defense legal assistant interested in stepping up your career today, please apply above or submit your resume in Word format to Portland@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply.