Well-respected law firm in Stamford, CT is looking for a Corporate Paralegal to join their team. This is a junior level position which reports to a senior paralegal manager, and ideally will have some corporate governance experience. The position would be a great fit for candidates with an interest in the law or in corporate and financial work. Candidates must have a college degree and/or a paralegal certificate. This is an opportunity to join a great team of attorneys and paralegals in a collegial atmosphere and work on sophisticated matters.
Corporate Paralegal Responsibilities:
Corporate Paralegal Requirements:
- Assist with corporate transactional work and transactional closings for mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, financing and strategic investments
- Assist with the preparation of closing documents; prepare resolutions, consents and other related documents; maintain closing files and compile closing sets
- Prepare all documents required to form corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies as well as prepare qualification documents for foreign jurisdictions; prepare documentation for amendments, withdrawals, mergers and dissolutions
- Maintain entity minute books
- Conduct due diligence research
- Prepare stock certificates, Form D and other securities filings, as well as UCC financing statements
- Strong academic background; college degree and/or a paralegal certificate required (will consider recent graduates with an interest in the legal field)
- Strong computer and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team, and multi-task on time-sensitive projects
If you are interested in the Corporate Paralegal position in Stamford, CT please send your resume – we would love to talk with you!