Are you looking to transition into the next step of your legal career? If yes, we are excited to present to you a Junior Paralegal opportunity with one of our favorite Bay area clients. This AmLaw 100 firm would be interested in meeting with you if you have at least two years of litigation experience, hold a Paralegal certificate, and have a willingness to learn! In this role, you will be coordinating the Firm’s risk management activities by performing business research and database content analysis designed to reduce risk to the Firm and increase billable lawyer productivity. Compensation for this role is competitive when compared to the market standard and contingent on experience. Positions like this like do not come around often, so, if you are looking springboard your professional legal career in a progressive and positive atmosphere, then apply today!
Junior Paralegal Job Responsibilities:
- Performs company research on all new & existing clients, all non-client parties associated with new matters, all lateral attorney and staff employment candidates, and potential vendors servicing the Firm in order to obtain full legal company names, obtain and confirm correct spellings of parties, identify parent and/or subsidiary entities related to the parties if warranted, identify industry types, and the like in order to ensure integrity with respect to the content of the conflicts report and data entered into the conflicts database.
- Executes searches in the Firm’s conflicts database on all names submitted for new business and associated names identified through company research.
- Analyzes and interprets complex database research results in order to identify potential issues in new business that may affect compliance with Firm policies and the relevant Model Rules of Professional Conduct of the American Bar Association.
- Generates accurate and succinct conflicts reports and supporting documentation in order to effectively communicate potential compliance issues to the Conflicts Review Lawyer and/or the requesting lawyer.
- Functions in a quality control role for the Business Intake team by confirming data and content integrity elements of the conflicts reports prior to delivery to the Conflicts Review Lawyer and/or requesting lawyer.
- Educates and provides guidance to internal customers regarding the policies and procedures of the Intake and Conflicts Department.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three years’ experience conducting company information research using proprietary databases, company websites and other internet resources.
- Strong research, problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with colleagues, which will include lawyers, paralegals and legal support staff, both verbally and through written documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality of internal and personnel affairs.
- Proven flexibility in managing multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a time-sensitive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently while promoting and participating in a team environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the advanced use of Internet search engines, general database applications, and Microsoft Office products.
- Transit Assistance
- 401k Match
Are you interested in hearing more about this Junior Paralegal (Litigation) job in San Francisco, CA? Then please click “apply” below. This position and other great employment opportunities are available on our Special Counsel website at http://www.specialcounsel.com; please check them out!