Special Counsel has an immediate opening for a direct hire, full-time Labor & Employment Legal Administrative Assistant to work with a prestigious, medium-size firm in Downtown Minneapolis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares, reviews and edits legal documents and correspondence.
- Transcribing dictation as needed, ensuring high quality, accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- Creates and maintains a filing system; opens and closes files. Assists in processing conflicts searches and client intake forms.
- Maintains calendar of events and deadline reminders, arranges meetings, coordinates travel arrangements.
- Assists in billing process by entering time, coordinate billing reports, prepare and send bills.
- Prepares attorney expense claims.
- Comfortable with client contact, including internal departments and external affiliates including financial institutions, municipal and government departments.
- Federal and state e-filing
- Review court lists, posts/tracks time, and prepares and maintains clients records (e.g. minute books).
Skills and Experience:
• Excellent communication, organizational and client service skills
• Ability to multi-task and work in a team-oriented environment with all levels of staff.
• Strong proofreading and grammar skills. Ability to meet deadlines.
• Above average proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Document management and time and billing systems
• Type 60+wpm with high degree of accuracy.
• Education: High School Diploma Required
• Legal Assistant diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or 4 year degree preferred.