Special Counsel’s Detroit office is currently recruiting for an experienced Labor & Employment Litigation Paralegal for multiple upcoming openings that we expect will be opening up in the near future. With that in mind, we are being proactive and actively looking for experienced and intelligent legal professionals. With that in mind, please look below that our clients frequently look for in a competitive candidate. If you are interested please send us your resume today.
· Draft routine legal documents, including but not limited to, deposition notices, witness and exhibit lists.
· Draft and issue subpoenas for records depositions, witness depositions and attendance at trial.
· Manage multiple cases from start through resolution.
· Extensive document management, including gathering, indexing, analyzing and producing documents and data in various electronic formats.
· Request and summarize third party documents, including, but not limited to employment and medical records.
· Review and analyze case documents for production (including privilege review and preparation of privilege logs).
· Assist with analysis of financial data and prepare damage calculations.
· Assist attorneys with Rule 26 disclosures, discovery requests and responses.
· Review and code electronic e-mails and case documents in Relativity.
· Assist attorneys with preparation for depositions, mediations, briefs and trial preparation: assist with pretrial documents (deposition designations, exhibit and witness list, organize exhibits, files and other supporting documents.
· Assist during trial: manage exhibits, coordinating witnesses, in addition to assisting with case presentation during trial (video clips and exhibits through Trial Director), and any other duties associated with trial.
· Conduct various document searches and factual research
· Three plus years’ experience in labor and employment law
· Experience in all phases of the litigation process
· Experience with class actions and collective actions
· Ability to effectively set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects for several attorneys
· Experience with litigation software and other deliverables related to preparing and assisting in trials and/or arbitrations.