Special Counsel is seeking a Rates Analyst for an amazing opportunity with a National Law Firm's Austin, Texas office! The Rates Analyst will be part of a dynamic team, working closesly with firm lawyers and staff on pricing analysis, as well as be responsible for client biling setup, review, and Alternative Fee Agreements.
• Input and maintain timekeeper and client pricing in the Firm’s financial system, including timekeeper, client, and matter level rates as well as AFAs;
• Collaborate with pricing personnel to provide consultation to billing coordinators and partners regarding rates and AFAs
• Monitor timekeepers based on changes in practice group, office or rank and verifies and implements related rate changes.
• Assist Billing and Collections Manager and firm’s Billing Rate Committee with the annual timekeeper rate review and anlysis
• Participate in the annual client rate review process
• Maintain foreign currency setup for timekeeper and client pricing.
• Assist in the development and document processes relating to pricing and rates.
• Assist with the implementation of queries, tables, databases and new forms for rate and other billing-related processes
• Prepare information for surveys such as the annual PricewaterhouseCoopers’ billing rate survey and Peer Monitor, and provides analysis of information as requested.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferably in finance, accounting or a related field.
Experience: Five years’ experience in professional firm billing, pricing and analysis or related functions.
Special Knowledge: Experience with Aderant or similar billing system; familiarity with law firm billing processes and pricing structure; knowledge of financial modeling and project coordination preferred.
Technical Skills: Proficient use of PC and knowledge of MS Office, including expert knowledge of Excel.
If you are interested in this Rates Analyst position in Austin, Texas, please apply using the link below!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records