Are you an legal administrative assistant interested in a contract job opportunity in Portland, OR? You will be responsible will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofing legal documents, presentations, and correspondence; filing and e-filing in federal and state courts; calendaring; preparing pleadings and discovery binders; docketing; trial prep; coordinating depositions and meetings; legal research; monitoring phone lines and physical/electronic communications; entering attorney time; and other tasks as assigned. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized self-starter, with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong customer service skills.
- 2+ years of recent legal administrative assistant experience
- BA/BS preferred
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- A thorough understanding of filing/e-filing procedures, calendaring, and legal document formatting guidelines
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication and customer service skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified legal administrative assistant interested in stepping up your career today, please apply above or submit your resume in Word format to Portland@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply!