Special Counsel, Inc., the nation's largest legal staffing, recruiting and eDiscovery solutions company is seeking a corporate legal assistant to join a great established company in SAN ANTONIO, TX.
- Performs various duties for the attorneys, including but not limited to legal research and writing, legal and regulatory filings, and administrative duties
- Responsible for preparing and submitting regularly scheduled reports/projects, both internal and external.
- Coordinates with Accounting in compiling documents for various state requirements, as needed.
- Coordinates preparation for meetings and conferences with internal staff..
- Logs and discards items as needed to comply with record retention schedules.
- Monitors and renews subscriptions, as needed.
- Assists attorneys in registering for continuing legal education courses or other seminars or conferences, as directed.
- Serves as a Notary Public for company and its affiliates.
- Prepares, assists, and maintains litigation files as instructed by the Legal Department attorneys.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years legal assistant experience required - in house corporate experience strongly preferred.
- Prefer at least 2 years prior legal assistant experience in a legal department.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel required. Adobe, PowerPoint and Access knowledge preferred, but not required.
- Excellent customer service skills, communication skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills required.
- Basic research and analytical skills are also required.
- Being a team player is essential.
*local San Antonio candidates only
Pay rate based on experience.
If you are interested and qualified for this Corporate Legal Assistant position in SAN ANTONIO, please APPLY TODAY for immediate consideration!