Special Counsel Minneapolis has an immediate opening for a long-term contract Law Firm Billing Specialist. This role supports the billing operations of an international law firm with one of their main offices in downtown Minneapolis.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Law Firm Billing Specialist include:
- Compile, manage, and execute attorney billing including processing of appeals, deductions, rejections, split billing, and setting up and management of time keepers for the law firm
- Maintain contact with attorneys, staff, vendors, and clients
- Observe utmost confidentiality of client and law firm matters
- Utilize computerized accounting and billing software programs as well as e-billing hub and other portals
- Proactively monitor potential errors that may result in rejection of e-bills
Required experience and skills:
- Minimum of 2 years experience processing time keeper billing in a law firm setting
- Demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of bills per month
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, support staff, and clients
- Must be proactive, take initiative, and be engaged in the functions of the broader team; can-do, team-player attitude is a must!
- Proficiency in electronic billing software such as Elite, in addition to Microsoft Office Suite and Windows
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
This position has the possibility of lasting at least one year, beginning immediately. If you are looking for an opportunity to support a high-powered, wide spread legal team, this is the job for you! Submit your resume in Word format for immediate consideration.