Special Counsel is seeking a top-notch legal assistant with a corporate and transactional background for a highly-regarded law firm in Denver. This position will provide complex legal and administrative support, with minimal supervision.
- Create, edit, revise, redline, track change and/or proofread documents from dictation, handwritten, typed, and/or electronic copy.
- Maintain calendars of meetings and travel using current software applications..
- Facilitate telephone and conference calls in a professional manner and take accurate telephone messages as required.
- Coordinate preliminary conflict checks with Professional Standards to ensure attorney and firm ability to represent requesting party.
- Assist with billing process, including daily time entry - entering, proofreading, spellchecking, and releasing - distribute monthly proformas, and review and edit proformas.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, securing air, hotel, and car plans for timekeepers.
- Typing speed 75-wpm
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and establish effective working relationships throughout operational groups
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to draft correspondence
- Previous law firm experience of 7 or more years or equivalent preferred
This firm provides excellent benefits and competitive compensation!