Special Counsel has teamed with a top tier law firm in the D.C. area, looking for a Legal Project Manager. The law firm is looking for an individual who has been exposed to a fast-paced legal environment.
- Creating a plan at the start of the matter setting up communication channels, regular team meetings, regular client touch points, management of any client reporting requirements.
- Help case teams to gather budgets/fee estimates, including putting those numbers into client reporting templates, or creating a streamlined way to communicate this information to the client.
- Continuous participation in the process of updating budget/fee information (on a routine schedule), organizing this information in a digestible way for both case team and the client.
- Work with client contacts to help come up with more efficient ways to provide the client information they need, usually around matter spend and status.
- Having a good enough understanding of the types of tasks being handled by attorneys to be able to create templates or tweak processes to improve the efficiency of the team.
- Pointing the case teams to the right technology resources at the Firm to maximize use of technology and save everyone time and effort.
- Work with the partner to organize upcoming tasks and manage delegation to team members accordingly.
- Getting in front of potential billing issues by assisting with time narrative and task code corrections to save the Billing Attorney time, and understanding the client’s billing guidelines and providing guidance to timekeepers to help minimize billing issues.
If you are qualified and interested, please apply below!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled