Special Counsel is seeking a Legal Secretary to join a boutique law firm in Washington, DC on a contract-to-hire basis.
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to attorneys, including secretarial team coverage and backup support.
- Provides administrative and/or project support to various departments and personnel, as needed.
- Answers, screens, and places telephone calls. Directs calls and assists callers as appropriate.
- Opens, reads, and routes mail as directed.
- Prepares correspondence, documents, reports, and spreadsheets.
- Maintains attorney and client files, records, and contact lists.
- Schedules meetings, maintains calendars, and coordinates travel plans as needed.
- Assists attorney(s) with administrative work and projects.
- Prepares attorney time records, expense reports, and check requests.
- Handles personal matters requested by attorney(s).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of one year as a legal assistant in a law firm and be excited to work in a small office providing direct attorney support.