Are you a highly experienced legal secretary interested in a full-time, permanent opportunity in Irvine, CA? Candidates with particularly high attention to detail and impeccable grammar, and spelling are preferred for this busy 5:1 desk. You will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofreading legal documents and correspondence; calendaring; state and federal court filings and e-filings; assembling documents and exhibits for court filings; and other tasks as assigned. You will also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as phone and e-mail support, mailings, coordinating travel, billing and expense report support, preparing marketing materials, and monitoring deadlines and schedules. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized self-starter, with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 3+ years of relevant legal secretary experience with a busy firm
- Superb writing, editing, formatting, and proofreading skills are a must
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, document management systems such as iManage, and e-filing software
- Typing speed of 70wpm or greater
- A thorough understanding of state and federal court rules, filing/e-filing procedures, calendaring, and legal document formatting guidelines
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified legal secretary interested in stepping up your career today, please submit your resume in Word format to OC@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply! Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.