Are you a highly experienced legal secretary interested in a full-time, permanent opportunity in Burbank, CA? Candidates must be knowledgeable regarding Workers’ Compensation law and filing/retrieving documents with EAMS. You will be responsible for heavy transcription (using an electronic dictation program), coordinating depositions and medical exams, creating and regularly updating Schedules of Records, calendaring, filing (DORs, petitions, OTOC requests, etc.), and other tasks as assigned. You will also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as phone and e-mail support, and monitoring deadlines and schedules. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized self-starter, with excellent written and verbal communication skills and impeccable grammar and spelling.
- 8+ years of relevant legal secretary experience with a busy legal defense firm
- Superb writing, editing, formatting, and proofreading skills are a must
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Typing speed of 80wpm or greater
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified legal secretary interested in stepping up your career today, please apply above or submit your resume in Word format to LosAngeles@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.