Are you a mid- to senior-level legal secretary interested in a full-time, permanent job opportunity in Los Angeles, CA? We especially want to hear from you if you have litigation and/or transactional experience. You will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofing legal documents and correspondence; filing and e-filing in federal and state courts; calendaring; preparing pleadings and discovery binders; trial prep; coordinating depositions and meetings; legal research; and other tasks as assigned. You may also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as coordinating travel, answering phones, maintaining office supplies, time entry, billing and expense report support, and monitoring deadlines and schedules. The ideal candidate will be a pleasure to work with, with a no-task-too-small, pleasant demeanor and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5 - 8+ years of recent legal secretary experience, litigation and/or transactional law experience is preferred
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- A thorough understanding of filing/e-filing procedures, calendaring, and legal document formatting guidelines
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified legal secretary interested in stepping up your career today, please apply above or submit your resume in Word format to LosAngeles@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply! Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.