Are you an experienced legal secretary with federal filing experience interested in a full-time, permanent job opportunity in Long Beach, CA? You will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofing legal documents and correspondence; filing and e-filing in both federal and state courts; calendaring; docketing; coordinating depositions and meetings; legal research; and other tasks as assigned. You may also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as coordinating travel, answering phones, maintaining office supplies, time entry, billing and expense report support, and monitoring deadlines and schedules. The ideal candidate will be a pleasure to work with, with a no-task-too-small, pleasant demeanor and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2 - 5+ years of recent legal secretary experience
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- A thorough understanding of filing/e-filing procedures, calendaring, and legal document formatting guidelines
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified legal secretary interested in stepping up your career today, please apply above or submit your resume in Word format to LosAngeles@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records