Are you a legal secretary interested in a full-time, permanent job opportunity in San Francisco, CA? You will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofing legal documents, presentations, and correspondence, including memoranda and pleadings; filing and e-filing in federal and state courts; calendaring; preparing pleadings and discovery binders; docketing; trial prep; coordinating depositions and meetings; legal research; and other tasks as assigned. You will also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as coordinating travel, answering phones, mailings, typing, transcribing, word processing, contact management, invoicing and expense report support, and monitoring deadlines and schedules. The ideal candidate will be a pleasure to work with, with a no-task-too-small, pleasant demeanor and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years of recent litigation secretary experience; medical malpractice, personal injury, and/or products liability experience is a huge plus, and/or if you have experience working with medical records
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), LexisNexis, Concur, CompuLaw, ECF, and Desksite or other DMS
- A thorough understanding of filing/e-filing procedures, calendaring, and legal document formatting guidelines
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified legal secretary interested in stepping up your career today, please apply today or submit your resume in Word format to SanFrancisco@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply! Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.