Are you looking for a Legal Secretary opportunity in Dallas, TX?
As a Legal Secretary you will perform full secretarial and administrative duties for attorneys under minimal supervision. This position requires the individual to perform with a high degree of independent judgment and discretion. Requires a thorough knowledge of organizational procedures and precedents.
1. Performs secretarial functions associated with firm administrative tasks.
2. Performs word processing of drafts, revisions and final documents for client-related matters, including correspondence, memoranda, bills, timesheets and project work, as needed. This includes proofreading and redlining for accuracy.
3. Copies, distributes, sends (electronically and/or via mail, courier or express service), files and otherwise handles completed work.
4. Maintains physical and electronic files, and contacts.
5. Coordinates meetings and appointments, and properly receives clients/guests, as requested. Maintains appointment calendar for attorneys.
6. Handles incoming and outgoing mail.
7. Knowledge with e-filing in state and federal courts.
8. Schedule/calendar client meetings, court hearings, depositions, etc.
9. Draft and prepare various types of documents, including motions, pleadings, briefs and other litigation documents.
10. The legal secretary reports directly to the Office Administrator or appropriate Human Resources representative, and indirectly to assigned attorneys.
Must have three to five years of experience working in a mid- or large-sized law firm
Possess working knowledge of general office procedures, as well as, strong familiarity with legal terminology related to general legal concepts and specific area(s) of assignment
Experience with the Firm’s technology and applications strongly preferred (NetDocuments, Interaction, Chrome River, etc.)
Prior experience handling expense reports, client bills, multi-line phones and conflict-checking forms, as well as working with Interaction, or another client relationship management database, is strongly preferred
Prior experience supporting more than one attorney is required.
Advanced word processing/computer skills utilizing a variety of software programs including, but not limited to, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including grammar, spelling and punctuation
Strong phone etiquette, attention to detail and follow through skills is required
Must be knowledgeable with legal filing and record-keeping practices
Must be highly organized and able to successfully multi-task and meet set deadlines
Strong customer service, ability to be flexible and work effectively as part of a team is required
Inspect and observe information on a computer screen at least 80% of the time
Must hold a high school diploma
Two years of college or equivalent preferred, but not required
Office Environment. Overtime Required.
This is an on-site position, not remote. Candidate must be vaccinated. Benefits start on day one, profit sharing and bonus pay. No parking discounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.specialcounsel.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records