Are you a litigation legal assistant interested in a full-time, permanent job opportunity in Phoenix, AZ? We especially want to hear from those with white collar crime and criminal defense experience! You will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofing legal documents and correspondence; filing and e-filing in federal, state, and appellate courts; calendaring; client intake and conflicts checks; assisting with case management; legal research; and other tasks as assigned. You will also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as coordinating travel, answering phones, attorney time entry, billing and expense report support, and monitoring deadlines and schedules. The ideal candidate will be a pleasure to work with, with a no-task-too-small, pleasant demeanor and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2 - 5+ years of strong litigation secretary experience required; white collar crime and criminal defense experience is a plus
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), DMS, FileSite, and Adobe Professional
- A thorough understanding of filing/e-filing procedures, calendaring, and legal document formatting guidelines
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified litigation legal assistant interested in stepping up your career today, please apply above or submit your resume in Word format to Phoenix@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply.