Are you a Legal Assistant with federal litigation experience who is looking for a new challenge? Special Counsel may have the opportunity for you! Our client is a respected Charlotte law firm seeking to add an experienced team member to assist in their business litigation group. They are seeking someone with over three years of litigation support experience. This is a permanent position and benefits are offered.
- Manage attorney's calendar through Legal Files e.g., schedules appointments, coordinates depositions and appearances. Resolve scheduling conflicts with attorney's approval
- Working with attorneys on travel arrangements
- File legal documents with proper courts
- Provide data entry functions
- Prepare and assemble materials, documents, and exhibits for meetings, court appearances, and hearings including electronic media and technology used within the office and court system
- Prepare, thorough transcription of written or recorded documents, standard legal documents i.e., contracts, briefs, motions, summonses etc.
- Proofread and correct prepared materials for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, syntax, and content.
- Ensure legal documents contain all necessary portions or related documents for court acceptance
- Three plus years’ Prior experience in a legal environment with federal e-filing experience strongly required
- Experience at a large law firm preferred
- Must have strong typing, transcription and solid ability to edit and proofread legal documents
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technology skills
- Ability to work with an extremely high level of accuracy
- Prior experience with legal software systems preferred
If this Legal Assistant job in Charlotte, NC sounds like a great opportunity for you, apply now by submitting your resume in Word format using the below link! To view all our open positions, please visit us at www.specialcounsel.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled