Special Counsel (SCI) Austin is currently seeking candidates for a litigation paralegal position in Downtown Austin. This law firm is well-established and offers an opportunity to work on challenging cases in a great team-oriented environment!
We are seeking candidates with:
- At least 3+ years of experience as a litigation paralegal; insurance defense experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certification with combination of education and years of experience.
- Strong research and writing skills
- Trial experience strongly preferred
- Maintain professionalism and have ability to prioritize tasks
- Must be tech-savvy
- Maintain calendar and case docketing system.
- Prepare draft pleadings, motions, deposition notices, discovery requests, responses, and objections.
- Prepare correspondence, status reports, and pre-mediation and pre-trial reports for clients.
- Prepare attorneys for hearings, depositions, mediations, and trials.
- Prepare medical chronologies and medical expense recaps, perform legal research and interpret local, state, and federal laws, statutes and case law.
- Meet with clients and expert witnesses.
- E-file legal documents
- Attend pre-trial and trials assisting with voir dire and exhibits.
This firm offers a competitive salary and benefits, a great team-oriented work environment, and no billable hour requirement! If you are interested in this position, submit your resume to email@example.com or click "Apply" TODAY!