Special Counsel Austin is seeking a full-time, talented paralegal with 3+ years’ experience to manage an active insurance defense docket for an established and reputable Austin law firm. This firm offers a great, team-oriented working environment and a competitive salary and benefits package!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Review and analyze pleadings, contracts, discovery, and various legal issues to assist attorneys in implementing appropriate legal action.
• Maintain calendar and case docketing system.
• Prepare draft pleadings, motions, deposition notices, discovery requests, responses, and objections.
• Prepare correspondence, status reports, and pre-mediation and pre-trial reports for clients.
• Prepare attorneys for hearings, depositions, mediations, and trials including notebooks with pertinent pleadings, discovery, and documents.
• Review and summarize depositions.
• Review and summarize medical, billing, and employment records and insurance documents.
• Prepare medical chronologies and medical expense recaps, perform legal research and interpret local, state, and federal laws, statutes and case law.
• Meet with clients and expert witnesses.
• E-file legal documents, initiate and monitor record orders, prepare draft subpoenas and deposition.
• Prepare draft jury charge, witness list, exhibit list, and page/line deposition designations.
• Attend pre-trial and trials assisting with voir dire and exhibits.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum 3+ years’ insurance defense litigation.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certification with combination of education and years of experience.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, APPLY TODAY for immediate consideration!