Special Counsel is seeking an experienced Litigation Secretary to join a busy practice in Del Mar! Our client is offering a generous salary for this temp-to-permanent opportunity. If you are are a team player with a no-task-too-small mindset, this may be the perfect role for you.
You will be responsible for calendaring using Outlook; state and federal court filings and e-filings; drafting, formatting, and proofreading legal documents and correspondence; coordinating depositions, mediations, and interviews; legal research; preparing pleadings and exhibits; and other tasks as assigned.
Requirements for this role include:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience; complex business litigation experience is a plus but not required if you have strong litigation experience
- A thorough understanding of state and federal court rules, filing/e-filing procedures, and calendaring abilities using Outlook
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office, WordPerfect, Westlaw, and e-filing software
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small work ethic
If you are a qualified litigation secretary interested in stepping up your career today, please submit your resume in Word format to SanDiego@SpecialCounsel.com.
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply!