Are you an experienced litigation secretary interested in a full-time, permanent opportunity in Irvine, CA? Candidates with a heavy litigation background are preferred for this busy 3:1 desk; Document Management software experience is required. You will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofreading legal documents and correspondence; calendaring using CompuLaw; state and federal court filings and e-filings; docketing; assisting with the creation of presentations and trainings; and other tasks as assigned. You will also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as phone and e-mail support, mailings, invoice/billing support, attorney time entry, coordinating travel, and monitoring deadlines and schedules. The ideal candidate will be highly organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years of litigation secretary experience with a busy firm; heavy state e-filing and calendaring experience are required
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), CompuLaw (or other calendaring software), DMS (such as DeskSite or iManage), and e-filing software
- A thorough understanding of state and federal court rules, filing/e-filing procedures, calendaring, and legal document formatting
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small, positive mindset
If you are a qualified litigation secretary interested in stepping up your career today, please submit your resume in Word format to OC@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply! Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.