Are you an experienced litigation secretary interested in a contract opportunity in downtown Los Angeles, CA? You will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofreading legal documents and correspondence; calendaring; state and federal court filings and e-filings; assembling documents and exhibits for court filings; and other tasks as assigned. You may also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as phone and e-mail support, mailings, coordinating travel, billing and expense report support, and monitoring deadlines and schedules. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized self-starter, with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- 2 – 4+ years of relevant litigation secretary experience with a busy firm
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), document management systems such as iManage, and e-filing software
- A thorough understanding of state and federal court rules, filing/e-filing procedures, calendaring, and legal document formatting guidelines
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified litigation secretary interested in stepping up your career today, please apply above or submit your resume in Word format to LosAngeles@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.