Are you a legal secretary with litigation and e-filing experience interested in a full-time, permanent job opportunity in Century City, CA? We especially want to hear from you if you have corporate and/or regulatory experience. You will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofing legal documents, memos, reports, and correspondence; filing and e-filing in federal and state courts; calendaring; docketing; trial prep; coordinating depositions, arbitrations, court appearances, mediations, and client meetings; legal research; and other tasks as assigned. You will also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as coordinating travel, answering phones, coordinating client communications, time entry, billing and expense report support, and monitoring deadlines and schedules. The ideal candidate will be a pleasure to work with, with a no-task-too-small, pleasant demeanor and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years of recent litigation secretary experience, corporate and/or regulatory experience is a big plus
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), Windows 10, Chrome River, 3E (time entry and billing), iManage, and Adobe Acrobat
- A thorough understanding of filing/e-filing procedures, calendaring, and legal document formatting guidelines
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified litigation secretary interested in stepping up your career today, please apply above or submit your resume in Word format to LosAngeles@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply! Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.