Are you a litigation secretary interested in a full-time, permanent job opportunity in downtown Los Angeles, CA? We especially want to hear from you if you have insurance defense experience. You will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofing legal documents and correspondence; preparing conflict of interest checks; opening new client/matter files; filing and e-filing in federal and state courts; calendaring; coordinating depositions and meetings; legal research; and other tasks as assigned. The ideal candidate will be a pleasure to work with, with a no-task-too-small, pleasant demeanor and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 1 - 2+ years of recent litigation secretary experience, insurance defense experience is a big plus
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and iManage
- A thorough understanding of filing/e-filing procedures, calendaring, and legal document formatting guidelines
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified litigation secretary interested in stepping up your career today, please apply above or submit your resume in Word format to LosAngeles@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply! Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records