Are you a litigation secretary with heavy calendaring and state and local court e-filing experience interested in a full-time, permanent job opportunity in downtown San Diego, CA? We especially want to hear from you if you have malpractice and/or probate litigation experience. You will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofreading legal documents and correspondence; filing and e-filing in federal and state courts; heavy calendaring; preparing pleadings; docketing; trial prep; scheduling depositions and meetings; legal research; and other tasks as assigned. You may also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as coordinating travel, answering phones, attorney time entry, billing and expense report support, and monitoring deadlines and schedules. This is a very fast-paced desk, so we are looking for a proactive professional with plenty of trial experience and excellent time management and prioritization skills. The ideal candidate will be a pleasure to work with, with a no-task-too-small, pleasant demeanor and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5 - 10+ years of solid litigation secretary experience; those with malpractice and/or probate litigation experience are especially encouraged to apply!
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) AND WordPerfect, Adobe Acrobat, TimeSlips, and Abacus
- BA/BS and/or Paralegal Certificate is strongly preferred
- A thorough understanding of filing/e-filing procedures, calendaring, and state and local court rules and procedures
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified litigation secretary interested in stepping up your career, please apply today! To see additional job opportunities across the country, check out www.specialcounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply!