Special Counsel is seeking Mortgage Quality Control Compliance Analyst. Please see details, if interested and qualified, apply today!
Expected Start: Middle of June 2021
Expected Duration: 4 months
Location: Atlanta, GA. (position will be remote)
Pay: Market rate
The Mortgage QC Compliance Analyst role is within the Companies RMSC division providing managed quality control services for the Clients. The Mortgage Quality Control program includes a review of pre-funding, post-closing, adverse action and early payment default quality control reviews. The position requires advanced mortgage underwriting and credit knowledge, quality control review and consumer regulatory compliance experiences.
The Analyst is responsible for the review of any deficiencies and subsequent follow-up.
Must have the ability to interrupt review results and identifying the root cause of defects within a written report.
• Reviews files for loan legal documentation, title, compliance, credit, ability-to-repay, collateral value and other FHA, USDA or VA agency or Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac investor guidelines.
• Re-underwrite the loans supporting the lending decision
• Perform Appraisal reviews and validate value to support the loan
• Review adherence to internal and external quality control procedures
• Ability to identify red-flags and / or fraud
• Identify defect trends and recommend corrective action
• Analyze review findings for trends and produce final quality control reports identifying root cause and make recommendations as to corrective action.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Strong understanding of mortgage lending underwriting and compliance issues
• Working knowledge of FHA, USDA, VA, FNMA & FHLMC quality control standards
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Meet established productivity and quality performance metrics
• Displays excellent time management, organization and problem-solving skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment
• Experience working within various software tools such as OneNote, excel, Aces ARMCO and various LOS and document imaging systems.
• Establishes a comment to Customer service.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor degree preferred
• Residential mortgage regulation & compliance experience
• Strong underwriting experience
• Experience within the Loan quality control re-verification process
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.specialcounsel.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records